Deadline: May 22, 2022
Nature conservation organizations’ work is getting increasingly critical as the climate crisis worsens and biodiversity loss increases.
Conservation’s scope is also expanding. The conservation agenda, which has generally been driven by environmental factors, is now being challenged by factors such as inclusion, race, and equity.
Structural and systemic issues are at play within the sector, which are impacting conservation effectiveness. There is an urgent need for root-reform – dismantling existing power structures, addressing legacies of discrimination, equalising voices and resources, reframing narratives and challenging the approaches and structures that perpetuate existing social and economic inequalities.
- Who: Individuals or teams from all over the world are welcome to apply. If you’re submitting as a group, please list three essential team members on the application form, as well as a lead representative who will be the first point of contact and primary participation in the successful concept incubation program. It is possible for up to two more team members to participate in incubation activities, but the team lead must remain present at all times. If your team has more than three members, we ask that you take responsibility for sharing the learnings and ideas generated throughout the co-learning and incubation process with the rest of the team.
- Sector: We aggressively encourage the formation of multi-sectoral teams. Applicants do not need to have experience working on conservation-related initiatives or concepts or in non-governmental organizations.
- Age: Individual competitors must be over the age of 18, and teams must have at least one adult participant.
- Language: We are currently taking applications in English, although both native and non-native English speakers are encouraged to apply. There will be no assessments of language ability. The winners’ incubation and co-learning program will be done in English.
- €5,000 per winning entry
- A place in a tailored incubation and co-learning programme
- Access to a community of conservation practitioners, fellow change-makers and potential investors.