Deadline: November 1, 2022
The youth in development virtual fellowship provides emerging civic leaders and social entrepreneurs with the skills and tools to lead social change initiatives effectively. It is proudly supported by the Chicago Booth Business School’s Rustandy Center for Social Innovation and the Appalachian State University.
Fellows are trained through practical workshops and mentorship sessions delivered by subject experts worldwide. Alumni of this program have gone ahead to create viable and highly impactful social ventures and lead programs transforming their communities’ social and economic landscapes. YID Fellows engage in a transformative learning experience, where they hone their entrepreneurship skills while learning to lead sustainable social change. Fellows will enjoy access to social innovation training, exclusive mentorship and coaching sessions, global peer collaborations, and other benefits of our 4-month venture incubation program and exclusive networking opportunities.
- Social Entrepreneurship Training: Skills and tools for leading social change initiatives effectively.
- Investment Readiness Lab: Investment readiness training to position your venture for investments & grant funding.
- Prototype Development: Opportunity to apply for the Impact Toolbox prototype development prize.
- Pipeline to Opportunities: Pipeline to other prestigious professional development & funding opportunities.
- Mentorship & Coaching: One-on-One coaching and interactions with top business experts and exceptional social entrepreneurs from around the world.
- Peer Support & Connections: Critical support & collaborations with members of their growing network of exceptional social innovators.
- Applicant must be interested in leading a social venture and a career in the social sector.
- Excellent idea or initiative for social change.
- Age 19 to 30 on or before February 27.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Applications are open to any young person who has a strong passion and ideas for social change.
- Availability to complete all the weekly activities included in the application process and the four-month fellowship and incubation programme.
- Expressions of interest are received and reviewed on a rolling basis until November 1, 2022. Successful applicants are selected based on their passion and interest in civic leadership and social entrepreneurship. They will review the expression of interest and inform applicants of their decision within 48 hours.
- Successful applicants will be provided with the necessary information for the next stage.