Deadline: May 11, 2022
Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most-at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
Human Resources Assistant
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 – 2 years
- Location: Akwa Ibom
- Job Field: Human Resources / HR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the HR Officer in the recruitment and selection process.
- Responsible for employee information management (documentation, processing, and filing). Ensure all information required in each staff personnel folder is complete and updated.
- Develops self, and maintains knowledge of HALG programs, and current trends in Human Resource and Change Management functions.
- Track all leave requests received and approved for each staff and ensure timely update of the leave tracker.
- Primary point person for managing health insurance and follow up with complaints on the quality of service by Health Maintenance Organizations/providers.
- Assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for the submission, collation, and filing of all staff timesheets.
- May represent the department at human-resource-related meetings, and events, and develop meeting agendas, materials and minutes as required.
- Any other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, Humanities, HR Management, or relevant field. 2 years post NYSC experience in Human Resources Administration.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in sensitive and or confidential personnel and organizational matters.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills·
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioural habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, PowerPoint.
- Other software is routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.