This profile envisages the setting up of a plant for the production of Herbal bath soap with a capacity of 200kg per day. The herbal bath soap is a kind of soap that contains natural ingredients like the essential oils from aloe vera, patchouli, citronella, rose and sampaguita.
- Measure and weigh the ingredients as specified.
- To make 36Â°Be lye solution, mix well 2 1/2 liters of water with 1 kg of caustic soda.
- Measure 360 ml lye solution and mix with 590 ml of the oil using an electric mixer. Blend the oil-lye mixture very well until creamy.
- While mixing continuously, prepare the coloring for the soap. In separate containers, dissolve a few drops of oil with a little of the blue and yellow coloring powder. Use separate sticks for stirring each color.
- Mix together the dissolved blue and yellow coloring powder in one container. Estimate the amount of each color to produce an olive green color. Set aside.
- Go back to the oil-lye mixture in the mixer and test its consistency by using a chopstick or bamboo stick.
- When the oil-lye mixture is already creamy, add the aloe vera essence and spring fragrance. Next, add the remaining additives – CDEA, sodium silicate and sodium benzoate.
- While mixing continuously, add the prepared olive green color.
- When the olive green color is already even, remove the mixture from the mixer.
- Transfer the mixture to the molds. Distribute the soap mixture evenly
- Allow the soap to harden for 2-4 hours. When the soap hardens, slice it by using a piece of string.
Capital Investment Requirements
The total Capital Investment cost to start this project including year one’s operating costs is estimated at NGN 7,968,000.
The demand for herbal soap is widely spread all over the Country although it may also be exported.
Capital Investment Requirements (CBN exchange rate -$1 to 414.89 NGN) as of 25 feb 2022.
|Capital investment item||Units||Qty||Cost in
|Cost in USD|
|Total cost of machinery||16,600||40.01|
Production and operating costs
|Pdn cost/ month in NGN||Pdn cost/ year
|Pdn cost/ year
General costs (overheads)
| Cost Per Month
|Cost Per Year
|Cost Per Year
|Utilities(water and power)||2000||24,000||57.553|
|Total Operating Costs||664,000||7,968,000||19,205.09|
Project product costs and Price structure
|Item||Qty /day||Qty/yr||@||Pdn cost /yr NGN||Pdn cost/yr USD||TR
|HERBAl BATH SOAP||50||15,600||600||7,968,000||19,205.09||9,360,000||22,560.196|
|Profitability Item||Per day||Per month||Per Year
|Less production and operating Costs||25,000||664,000||7,968,000||19,205.09|
Learn How to Get Funding for Your Business
Learn How to Write Business Plan