Deadline: july 1, 2022
Nigerian Foundries Group is a 53-year old reverse engineering group of companies that offers tailor-made products and solutions to the West African Industries.Â We produce ferrous & non-ferrous castings, test/counter weights, a variety of fabrications and components made by additive manufacturing (3D Printing). In addition, we have heat treatment, pattern making and machining facilities.
Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos , Ogun
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
- Salary Range ₦150,000 – ₦200,000
OVERALL JOB SUMMARY
The Health, Safety, and Environment Officer is responsible for implementing programs to ensure compliance with HSE regulations and to preserve workers, visitors, and contractors’ health and safety.
- Review of Health, Safety, and Environment documentation and developing new policies, and systems considering new and current legislation, best practices, and business needs.
- Supporting the Investigation of significant health and safety incidents and facilitating the production of reports, documentation, and identification of root cause and business improvements within the required timescales.
- Reports to the Executive Management Team on all matters relating to HSE.
- Prepares all in-house health, safety &environment training in consultation with the Human Resources department
- Conducts HSE induction training for new employees and trainees in consultation with the Human Resources department.
- Manages the quality of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs).
- Monitors externally sourced materials and services, to ensure compliance with health, safety, and environment requirements/standards.
- Liaises with relevant health, safety & environment regulatory, and certification agencies.
- Convenes and directs affairs at the weekly health, safety & environment Reps meeting.
- Prepares monthly HSE report to the Executive Management Team.
- Ensures all first aid boxes are equipped with relevant first aid tools and medication.
- Liaises with clients to ensure that the company meets up with their HSE requirements.
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering or Environmental Sciences, and Occupational Health and Safety qualification (HSE Level 3).
- NEBOSH Certificate or other HSE professional courses will be an advantage
- Understanding of ‘Process safety in relation to high hazard processes.
- Computer literate particularly in Microsoft packages.
- Experience with either ISO 9001:2015; ISO 50001:2018; OHSAS 45001
- Minimum of 3 years of HSE work experience in Manufacturing, Construction, or Oil/Gas
The Person Must
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess good organizational skills
- Have leadership skills
- Have good time management skills.