Deadline: May 25, 2022
Call for Goldsmiths International Response Scholarships are currently open!!!
Goldsmiths International Response Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships for international students. The scholarship is offered for undergraduate and master’s studies. This program covers an accommodation fee waiver, £8,825 for each year of study, and a tuition fee waiver
Applications will then be considered by an awarding panel. All panel members understand that applicants will have a broad range of differing skills, attributes, and experiences, so they will give equal consideration to both the applicant’s academic record and their answers to the questions posed in the award application form. Panel members also understand that what is important is the content of the answers and their relevance to the questions, not the standard of writing.
The panel will consist of representatives from Admissions, Widening Participation, and the Immigration Advisory Service. The panel will assess the applications against the stated criteria.
This application is for the International Response Scholarship. Only applicants who are Refugees or Asylum Seekers in the United Kingdom are eligible to apply.
- £8,825 allowance
- A full tuition fee waiver for each year of study
- Accommodation fee for a single study bedroom in Goldsmith’s halls of residence (up to £200 per week)
- You must meet the general eligibility criteria and regulations. You must also:
- Have refugee status in the UK, or have an active application for asylum in the UK (you will be required to provide documentation to demonstrate your status). Supporting documents should be uploaded to your MyGoldsmiths account.
- Beholding an offer of study on an undergraduate or taught postgraduate degree at Goldsmiths.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants must have been offered a place to study on a Goldsmiths programme and firmly accepted via UCAS or MyGoldsmiths. Applicants for online degree programs run via the University of London are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit their financial award application by the deadline stated on the financial awards web page. There is no guarantee that any applications can be accepted after the deadline.
- Decisions on applications will be made according to the published criteria, all decisions are final.
- Where only a limited number of awards are available, award recipients will be selected on a competitive basis. All applicants who meet the basic criteria for an award will have their application considered by an awarding panel. All panel members understand that applicants will have a broad range of differing skills, attributes and experiences, so the awarding panel will give equal consideration to both the applicant’s academic record and the applicant’s answers to the questions posed on the award application form. Panel members also understand that what is important is the content of the answers and their relevance to the question, not the standard of writing.
- In the event that suitably qualified candidates are not identified, we reserve the right not to allocate all awards.
- Successful applicants must accept the award and agree to the general terms and conditions by the deadline given in the offer (normally 10 days from the date of the offer). If the offer and terms and conditions are not accepted, the offer may expire and a reserve candidate offered the financial award instead.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a Goldsmiths program are not eligible to apply for a financial award unless they are applying for a subsequent separate program.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants will not be able to receive more than one award from those listed below.
- If the applicant is applying for deferred entry to Goldsmiths, they should apply for financial awards during the application cycle in which they intend to start the program.
- Where successful candidates are studying part-time programs the financial award will be available on a pro-rata basis
- Regulations for all awards will be reviewed annually in advance of publication. Amendments to regulations will only affect new award recipients unless otherwise stated. Any amendment to regulations affecting existing recipients will not reduce their level of award.
Eligible Regions: Open for Refugees or Asylum Seekers in the UK
- You can apply via the application form.
- If you would like to live in Goldsmith’s accommodation, you will need to make a separate application. Applications for accommodation open in late spring.
- Please note your accommodation fee waiver covers a single standard study bedroom up to a maximum of £200 per week. If you select a room above this amount you may be required to pay the additional costs.
- Include in the notes of your accommodation application that you are an International Response Scholarship applicant.