Application Deadline: 15th October, 2021
To speed up the process of creating a sustainable future for fashion and protecting our planet, we launched the Global Change Award in 2015.
It has been called the Nobel Prize of fashion and is one of the biggest innovation challenges in the world for early stage innovations, and the first of its kind in the fashion industry. We invite innovators and entrepreneurs all over the world to submit their ideas.
The five most promising innovations are selected by a panel of international experts and embark on a one year-long Accelerator Program.
The aim of the Global Change Award is to find and support game-changing innovations that can break the linear traditions of fashion and completely change the way garments are designed, produced, shipped, bought, used and recycled.
We are already using resources equivalent to 1.75 planets a year. The world population is expected to increase by 32% to 10 billion people by 2050.
However, the global fashion consumption is expected to increase by 202% during the same time. It’s clear a shift is needed to create a planet positive and regenerative fashion industry.
We need to wear our clothes for a longer period and reuse our resources more efficiently in a closed loop.
How the Global Change Award Works
- We are looking for early stage innovation that present new circular approaches with the goal to reinvent the fashion industry. Five winners are selected and share 1 million euro and embark on a one-year long Innovation Accelerator Program.
- The challenge is initiated to accelerate the shift from a linear to a circular fashion industry, to protect the planet and our living conditions. This means changing the way garments are currently designed and produced, shipped, bought, used and recycled by adding disruptive technology, processes, or new business models.
- Anyone (almost) can apply for the Global Change Award. Five winners are each year selected by our international expert panel, with extensive knowledge within fashion, sustainability, circularity and innovation.
- The winners share a 1 million euro grant and get access to a one-year Innovation Accelerator Program provided by the H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
- Neither the H&M Foundation nor H&M Group will take any equity or intellectual property rights in the innovations.
Early Global Change Award Applicants
- Applicants who send their application to the Global Change Award early, compete for an additional chance to win access to the Innovation Accelerator Program.
- Anyone who applies within the first half of the application period will automatically have the chance of winning the Early Bird.
- The Early Bird winner will be invited to join the five winners of the Global Change Award in one of the trips that is part of the one-year Innovation Accelerator Program. The trip offers exclusive industry insights, as well as opportunities to network and learn more about circularity and the fashion value chain.
- Applying as an Early Bird does not affect your chances of winning the Global Change Award. The winner of the Early Bird winner is not required to travel to the ceremony in Stockholm.