Deadline: March 25, 2022
The GIZ Accelerator program for Climate Change Innovations is looking for early-stage companies in Benin, Cameroon, and Niger that deliver digital solutions to combat climate change. We are looking for innovative and impactful tech-based solutions to either tackle the adverse effects or minimize the negative impact of climate change.
This program is open to startups using and leveraging digital technologies directly in their solution or in their operations in the following fields:Water & soil management for agriculture & WASH, Agritech solutions, Clean energy, Last-mile distribution of essential goods & services,Protection of biodiversity & natural resources, Access to markets for agricultural goods,Air, land and water pollution
This program is open to climate-focused technology startups meeting the following criteria:
- Officially incorporated, registered with the local chamber of commerce in the country or in the process of being registered
- Delivering a technology and/or digital solution to accelerate the deployment of climate solutions at scale
- Existing solution on the market (at least proof of concept, minimum viable product) on one of the above mentioned themes which has the capacity to scale
- The product or service attracts its first customers and shows initial interest from clients (BtoB or BtoC) or investors/donors.
- Founder and its core team members must be available and committed to join all program elements (including monitoring and evaluation questionnaires)
- At least one of the founders is originated from Benin, Cameroon, Niger
- Although this is not a selection criteria, attention will be given to teams committed to promote diversity and inclusion in their venture.
What’s in it for you?
- The major component of this program will be thementorship and technical project supportwith
- The involvement of anexperienced business mentor for a period of 6 months
- Learningbest practices from business experts to grow your business and your team
- The selected companies will beexposed to corporate partners and investors to attract potentialbusiness opportunities and investments.
- Collaboration with the in-country GIZ’s Digital Transformation Centers will help the founders to further grow their business and scale at local and regional levels
- Finalists will have ampleopportunities to network with local and regional startup founders
- During a closing program event, 10.000 euro in grant funding will be shared across the 3 finalists per country.