Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Gender and Protection Manager
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reporting to: Area Coordinator
Proposed start date: June 2022
- ACF-International is currently looking to fill the role of Gender and Protection Specialist who will be responsible to ensure the quality mainstreaming of Gender and Protection in AAH projects.
- Provides technical input on gender mainstreaming and/or coordinates technical support on gender-sensitive and inclusive programming in WASH, Nutrition and Health, FSL, and humanitarian protection sectors with relevant sector specialists if required
- Works with field teams to ensure access and participation of women, men, girls, and boys at risk to Action Against Hunger’s response, recovery, and rehabilitation work
- Engages with state and local women’s rights organizations and mobilizes collective voice around gender discrimination in the post-conflict setting;
- Proactively represent Action Against Hunger International and participate in gender and protection working groups
- Designs and implements demand-driven program approaches and methodologies aiming toward capacity building, working in partnerships, policy analysis, and advocacy
- In collaboration with the monitoring, evaluation, and learning team, leads the design and implementation of transparent and accountable mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating the progress of Action Against Hunger programs
- Provide guidance to the field teams to develop a comprehensive knowledge base on all aspects of gender by contributing to gender analysis and situational studies, and advise on the gender-sensitive data to be gathered and the indicators that will serve as the basis of developing effective gender program strategies
- Work with Action Against Hunger project manager, sector managers, MEAL Manager, RRM team, and support team to advance gender equality and equity issues throughout the project cycle
- Establish and strengthens gender-focused technical partnerships together with HODs
- Develop joint activity plans with technical teams and allies to further gender objectives and gender results of the social protection program
- Advice on the development of communication and information programs to raise gender and protect awareness within the base program.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social sciences, Gender Studies or any related field
- 2 – 3 years of experience in Design, Development, and Management of Gender Equality in WASH and RRM program including a minimum of 1 year in a field coordination role
- Proved experience in displacement and durables solutions contexts;
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of Protection Principles, Gender Mainstreaming, and Women’s Rights, in areas of Early Recovery and Resilience Building
- Demonstrated experience of working in collaboration with local partners and government institutions
- Well-developed analytical and strategic planning skills with the ability to influence the wider program strategy
- Demonstrated experience of conducting trainings, and providing capacity building to local partners and beneficiaries on gender issues
- Able to work under time pressure and long hours whenever required;
- Resilience, flexibility, and adaptability to work successfully under stressful conditions
- A high level of social-cultural sensitivity when dealing with colleagues, partners, and beneficiaries
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact, in order to be able to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders, including NGO partners, community leaders, and government officials
- Creative problem solving and innovation in complex and /or restrictive working environments
- User-level computer literacy (Office Package, Outlook, etc.).
- NGN508,748 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but are not limited to 100% health care coverage and free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Method of Application
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.