Deadline: March 24 2022

“Food Wave – Empowering Urban Youth for Climate Action” is a project co-funded by the European Commission under the Development Education and Awareness Raising Programme (Reference number: EuropeAid/160048/DH/ACT/Multi).

The project aims at creating awareness on sustainable ways to consume and produce food for climate change mitigation and activate young people in their cities, in order to enable them to influence institutional decisions, so they can lead us to a sustainable global food system by 2030. The project is led by the City of Milan, and co-implemented by ActionAid Italia, ACRA, Mani Tese, and 25 project partners in 17 countries, including the European Association for Local Democracy (ALDA).

In order to contribute to this wider goal, the Project, under the coordination of ALDA, with the collaboration of the project partners and in synergy with the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact (MUFPP), established a sub granting scheme that will contribute to the Food Wave overall objective, supporting grass-root initiatives in the field of climate-friendly food consumption behaviors.


  • The participant eligible for this project are: Local Authorities as Municipality or City, a member of the 15 EU Member States involved in the Food Wave Project, non-beneficiaries of any other ongoing project with the involvement of the DEAR program, non-partners of the consortium of Food Wave nor their members. Furthermore, the applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action.


  • Any submitted proposal must be of max 5.000 EUR. Each applicant will benefit from the financing of 75% of the total of the action up to a maximum of 3.750 Eur. The remaining 25% of the action (a minimum of 1.250 Eur) will be provided by each applicant as co-funding. The financing and co-financing % always remain the same even if the overall cost of the proposed action is lower than 5.000 EUR. The general action carried out by the Applicant can be higher than 5.000 EUR, but in this case, the remaining budget of the overall costs of the proposal will be covered with The Applicant’s own financial resources.


Click Here To Apply

Join our telegram grow to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas