From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an Tax culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As a Tax Staff, you will be a professional member of Tax practice. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality Tax services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Staff you will deliver quality Tax services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the team.
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the
- Engagement objectives, client’s engagement history, and planned audit approach. Challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client’s environment.
- Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client’s business.
- Develop people through teamwork, integrity, and leadership. Collaborate with team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members’ views. Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Bring potential opportunities to the team’s attention. Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY’s knowledge and services.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate or graduate degree
- Successfully passed ICAN, ACCA examination
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A strong dedication to teamwork
- Integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What They look for
They interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
At EY, the Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for their people, clients, and communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
They offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, the Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. The Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays, and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you