Deadline: August 31, 2022
Now in its 15th year, The Environmental Photographer of the Year competition showcases the most inspirational environmental photography from around the world. The award celebrates humanity’s ability to survive and innovate and showcases thought-provoking images that call attention to our impact and inspire us to live sustainably.
The competition is free to enter for all ages. Entries are open until 31 August and winners will be announced in November 2022.
- Anyone born on or after 31st August 2001 is automatically entered into this category.
- For entrants under 18 parental permission must be received from the parent or guardian of the photographer.
- Proof of age may be required after your submission has been completed.
- The top award will be granted to a single image that furthers people’s understanding of the causes and effects of environmental change and social inequality, highlights solutions to the climate and ecological emergency, and inspires us to live sustainably.
- This category is open to professional and amateur photographers of all ages, from all over the world. The winner will receive a £5,000 cash prize in addition to an interview in CIWEM’s Environment Magazine, a profile on WaterBear’s website, and a feature on Nikon Europe’s website.