Deadline: July 10 2022
The Elevating the Voices of Women in Agriculture (EVWA) Campaign aims to raise awareness of the lived realities of women farmers in Africa.
With the EVWA Campaign, the BKMC is on a mission to highlight and galvanize action for the empowerment of women farmers in Africa. Women account for nearly half of the world’s smallholder farmers. In Africa, they produce 70% of the continent’s food. Yet, they are the most vulnerable members of the farming community, facing obstacles accessing land, finances, education, and more, because of gender inequalities and our changing climate.
- Gain global visibility, broaden your network.
- 5.000 USD EVWA Champion Award.
- Are you between 18 and 30 years old?
- Are you a national of an African country?
- Do you have upper-intermediate English language skills?
- Are you leading a project that directly works with and empowers women farmers in Africa?
- Your personal details (e.g. name, contact information, date of birth, address, citizenship, education, language competence, short profile description)
- Your professional details (e.g. name of organization, function, your office contact details)
- Information about your project (e.g. name, location, description, explanation how the project fosters women’s empowerment and considers climate change)
- The details of a woman farmer, whom you personally know and has benefitted from your project (e.g. name, country of residence, date of birth, short profile description, how your project affects her)
- a 30-second video of yourself in which you introduce yourself with your name, nationality, and the name of your project and explain why you think you should be among the EVWA Changemakers (You will record this video online during the nomination process. There is no need to pre-record the video!)
- your CV
- a picture of yourself (portrait)
- a picture of your project (in-action)
- if available, a picture of the mentioned woman farmer