Application Deadline: July 16th, 2021
Do you have an awesome idea to solve a social or environmental problem? Are you ready to take action, but don’t know where to start? You’re not alone.
The 2021 Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge will take you from idea to entrepreneur – helping bring your idea to life AND sharpening your social business skills!
All applicants will receive FREE e-learning, specialist project development support and access to mentors as well as connection to a network of young changemakers like you! The first 500 applicants will also receive a VIP Ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021 and challenge finalists will compete for prizes of up to $10,000!
Why take part in the ElectHer Social Shifters Challenge?
- The Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge is all about supporting young people (18-30) to take entrepreneurial action on social and environmental issues that matter to you.
- Everyone who enters receives a package of FREE startup support and mentoring to develop their idea.
- The first 500 applicants will receive a VIP ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021.
- The best idea solutions will compete for cash prizes and funding pots of up to $10,000!
- Finalists will receive global recognition and exposure at the Social Enterprise World Forum 27-29 Sept 2021.
- Go from idea to action through the Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge.
Create your own future with the ElectHer Social Shifters Challenge
Turning away from a traditional corporate career to do something with more purpose can be hard. The good news is that you can take things into your own hands. Use the Shifters Global Challenge to explore new possibilities, develop new skills, and give social entrepreneurship a try.
We’re looking for a world-changing business idea to solve a problem that matters to you. That means some form of activity that makes money while improving lives, helping communities, or protecting the environment.
Go from passion to action
EVERYONE that submits an idea gets exclusive free access to Steps to Startup, our world-leading social startup e-learning. This takes you through the entire startup process at your own pace, with practical tools, templates and tips at every stage. Along the way, you’ll develop new skills, learn from mentors, and connect with others who share your passion.
How the ElectHer Social Shifters Challenge Works
We will be accepting submissions from May 17 to July 16. It’s quick and simple to submit an entry. Just tell us about the social or environmental problem you want to solve, what your business solution is, and what difference it will make. Upload a short video if you can, to bring your submission to life.
Who can enter the ElectHer Social Shifters Challenge?
- The Challenge is open to anyone 18-30 years old.
- You can enter on your own or as a team (up to 5 members). Team participation is strongly encouraged.
- We’re looking for a business solution to an environmental or social issue. This can be a non-profit or for-profit idea but must be at an early stage (less than one-year-old with no significant funding in place).
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
- Submissions that include a short video pitch (less than 60 seconds) will receive additional points in the evaluation.