Deadline: February 28, 2023
The Division of Social and Economic Sciences (SES) at the National Science Foundation supports annual three-week summer institutes on Empirical Implications of Theoretical Model (EITM) that seek to train a new generation of scholars who can better link positive theory and empirical work.
The Summer Institute is a highly collegial training programme for advanced graduate students and junior faculty led by political scientists from across the discipline who employ EITM approaches in their research. It combines lectures on various facets of EITM approaches, lab instruction sessions, research seminars by leading scholars, and rich feedback for participants on their own ongoing research from lead faculty, a specific faculty mentor paired with each participant, and other Institute participants. The Institute also offers extensive opportunities for professional networking in small group dinners with faculty, visiting lecturers, and other participants.
The primary benefits of Empirical Implications of Theoretical Models (EITM) for student participants are:
- Instruction by leading scholars in the discipline on cutting-edge methods;
- A deeper understanding of philosophical and epistemological considerations in theory building and evaluation;
- Support and feedback on students’ own research by EITM faculty and participants;
- A network of EITM students, alumni, and faculty will provide constructive engagement long after the institute concludes.
- There are no fees associated with participating in the Institute. If accepted, all programme fees and living expenses will be covered by EITM.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a graduate programme in Political Science or a related field.
- In addition, applicants should have well-defined research interests and preferably at least a completed dissertation prospectus.
The deadline for the application is 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time, Tuesday, February 28, 2023. The deadline for letters of recommendation is also Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
Click Here To Apply
Join our telegram group to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas