Deadline: October 26, 2022
Are you a filmmaker from Uganda, Tanzania, or Ethiopia who wants to develop a feature film idea? Are you looking for financing and training opportunities? Then you’ve come to the right place!
The DW Akademie Film Development Fund offers a one-year fellowship program for filmmakers working on developing their feature-length documentaries, fiction, or hybrid films. The fund focuses on the development stage of a film’s overall production. This is the phase of creating ideas, writing screenplays, acquiring financing, contracting rights, etc.
- If you are selected, you will €10,000 and will be matched with an experienced mentor, who will be by your side during the duration of the programme.
- You will also have access to tailor-made training and networking opportunities.
- Be a citizen and a permanent resident of the country for which the call for application is open. If you are from the country but live in the diaspora, you are unfortunately not eligible.
- Have a track record as a filmmaker. This means that they require that you have released at least one production either internationally or locally (e.g., theatrical release, screening in a national or international festival, TV broadcast, third-party digital broadcast, streaming/VOD). This can also be a short film.
Your project is eligible to receive support if:
- It is a narrative, documentary, or hybrid feature film (more than 60minutes).
- It is currently in development
Applicants are required to read the guidelines prior to submitting the application.
Required supporting documents include:
- Summary of your proposed project (1-2pages)
- Activity schedule
Applicants whose projects are shortlisted will be asked to submit a treatment (8 pages max.)