Capacity building is a core mandate of the Development Bank of Nigeria, and we are committed to building the capacity of the Nigerian MSMEs to enable them to formalize, grow and become more bankable to get easy access to available credit.
This year, we would be deploying the DBN Learning Management System (LMS), a free learning portal with carefully curated self-paced courses. The portal is open to all Nigerian MSMEs who are interested in acquiring the right knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
In addition, DBN will be selecting the best 200 businesses to attend face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja. This physical session would be an opportunity for businesses to practically apply important principles to their various businesses and discuss and receive business support in specific areas of need.
- All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 14 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding.
- The owner of the business must be 18 years and above.
- Business owners must be a citizen or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted
- Bankability: Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability: Demonstrates potential for growth of the business to create jobs