Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves up to 90% of the Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
Our Assurance & Advisory services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today’s changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients’ business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above the performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
• Assurance & Advisory
– Financial Services Advisory
– Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
– Actuarial & Analytics Solutions
Deloitte’s actuarial team provides a wide range of specialized actuarial and risk services to the insurance and reinsurance industry in several African countries.
Deloitte has an integrated African practice committed to developing actuaries and transforming the profession. We have significant experience as statutory actuaries and as leading providers of SAM, audit and due diligence solutions across Africa.
To render assistance in AIS, under clear instruction and guidance of the Manager/Senior Manager/Partner on allocated assignments undertaken.
The details of this would be:
• Running and implementing project-based work
• Liaising with teams to ensure buy-in into the project
• Reporting of the progress of work to management and clients
• Communication with clients to understand needs and demands
• Management of deadlines and reporting
• Identifying opportunities to improve engagement success and profitability.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and a keen interest to grow and develop your career in General Insurance or Life Insurance. Should you have a preference, please list Life, General or both.
• BSc Actuarial & Financial Mathematics
• BSc Honours Actuarial Science
• Knowledge and experience in MS Office
• Problem & Analytical skills
• Mathematical and statistical methods and analysis
• Listening and interviewing skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Strategic thinking ability – ability to envision future
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to present yourself in a competent and professional manner to the client at all times
• Conscientious approach to delivering results
• Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery
• Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities
• Demonstrate lateral thinking skills
• Demonstrate a broad approach to problem-solving
• Ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines
• Show enthusiasm toward learning
• Attention to detail
NB: Your application will only be considered complete if you attach ALL of the following documents:
– Full CV
– Copy of ID document
– Copy of matric certificate
– Copy of university academic transcripts
If you are struggling to load multiple documents please put the required attachments into 1 file/pdf and submit.
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintaining an environment for personnel, clients, and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions, and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.