Deadline: December 1, 2022
Applications are now open for 15 young social innovators from around the world to apply for the 2023 Dalai Lama Fellows program.
Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) offers emerging social innovators a rigorous, interdisciplinary, and deeply contemplative program to reimagine leadership as involving self-awareness, personal sustainability, genuine compassion for others, and the capacity to skillfully navigate complex systems at multiple levels.
- DLF will cover all costs for travel, lodging, and meals for the Assembly
- Age requirements: 20-35 years old as of July 1, 2023.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Current engagement with or well-articulated plans for a social change project and sustained engagement with the project throughout the fellowship year (NOTE: due to the difficulty of launching a social innovation project from scratch, we give preference to applicants who have ongoing projects, but each year we have selected Fellows who have a concrete vision for a project and plans to launch during the fellowship year, given they have the adequate expertise, resources, and community connections at the time of applying).
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community.
- Interest in learning and engaging in contemplative practices throughout the year.
- Commitment to participating in all dimensions of the program (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
We estimate full participation in the fellowship requires about 12 hours per month, not including Fellows’ work on their projects.
Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in late July 2023 (DLF will cover all costs for travel, lodging, and meals for the Assembly).
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of five main parts:
- Applicant background and overview
- Short essay questions
- Video submission
- Letter of recommendation