Taeillo is a Nigerian Furniture and Lifestyle Brand that designs and manufactures Furniture by harnessing traditional forms, Materials, Local resources in Africa with both local and modern Technology to create premium Urban Furniture pieces. We believe our little drops of effort will make a mighty Africa by telling our African story with one piece of Furn…
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Head Office
Reports to Supervisor/Lead
The Cost Controller will be required to implement, administer and maintain cost control processes, procedures and systems. The aim is to track budgets, commitments, expenditures, and forecasts, and to assist in the preparation and review of cost estimates and schedules across the business.
- Analysis and integration of cost estimates and forecasts provided by vendors and suppliers, and support of the cost estimating process.
- Responsible to control and monitor total expenditure including verifying and checking invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure that all business expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Reviewing expense reports to ensure that expenses are reasonable and appropriate for the circumstances.
- Coordinating with other departments such as human resources, payroll, accounting, and finance to ensure that all costs are accurately tracked.
- Monitoring budgets to ensure that spending does not exceed approved levels
- Collecting cost data from suppliers or subcontractors to track material costs
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs, and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, or related field
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in Cost Control or Audit
- Experience in the manufacturing or construction industry.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards.
- Excellent Financial Planning and Budgeting skills, Financial Analysis skills, cash Flow Management, budgeting, and forecasting, data analysis.
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of Taeillo.
- Results-orientated and pragmatic with exceptional quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method, and outcomes yourself.