Deadline: 8 August 2022
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 independent and equal sovereign states. Its unique strength lies in the combination of its diversity and shared inheritance. The Commonwealth Secretariat in London is the principal intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth and its backbone, promoting democracy, rule of law, human rights, good governance, and social and economic development.
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to support youth empowerment through our Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge, and fresh perspectives.
BRIEF TASK DESCRIPTION
Under the overall guidance of the Research Manager, the Assistant Programme Officer (M and E) will support the monitoring and evaluation of the programme thereby ensuring that the CYP maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The Assistant Programme Officer will support the design and implementation of the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Research Manager and the team in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the Project Management Information System of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The Assistant Programme Officer works in close collaboration with work closely with project team, operations team, youth leaders, youth networks, government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
A bachelor degree or equivalent, with a significant M&E and project management component, in a relevant discipline such public administration, public policy, international development or the broad social sciences and other related disciplines.
• Post-graduate diploma or a relevant master’s degree
• Certification in Project Management methodologies (e.g. Prince2)
- A high level of discretion and tact in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- An ability to organise, anticipate, plan and prioritise workload, and work under high pressure to tight deadlines
- An ability to interpret and follow complex information and instruction
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including in diplomatic situations
- An ability to undertake research and analytical tasks
- An ability to use own initiative
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Microsoft 365, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Power BI Platform**) experience
- Lateral thinking and innovation
- Demonstrated commitment to working effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, giving clear examples.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 member governments and provides guidance on policy making, technical assistance and advisory services to Commonwealth member countries. We support governments to help achieve sustainable, inclusive, and equitable development.
To join us, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.