Deadline: May 20, 2022
The Data Science Fellowship Programme is part of the Kaduna State’s Data Revolution Plan aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence-based decision-making. The Data Lab Project is jointly implemented by the Kaduna State Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation. It is a 5-year project aimed at supporting the State in implementing the Data Revolution Plan, with a core objective of developing human capital around data science and the use of data for decision making.
The Data Science Fellowship Programme over the period of 5 years, would be building the capacity of 100 youths in cohorts. The first cohort of the fellowship successfully trained 30 young people on Data Science and the use of modern tools in decision making. The 6-months program with a focus on the health sector would have 3-months intensive training in a classroom learning environment and a 3-months paid internship; where participants would have an opportunity to work closely within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
Benefits of the Data Science Fellowship Programme
A chance to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought-after industry in the world.
- An opportunity to work with the Public Sector across Health, Education, Agriculture, and Infrastructure to make an impact through the use of data.
- Contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence-based decision-making in the Health Sector.
- 6 months fully paid internship program with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector.
- Model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
- Build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.