Deadline: January 30, 2023
In 2023-2024, the CIVICUS Youth Action Team is looking to strengthen its efforts in better connecting with the broad community of almost 4,000 members of CIVICUS Youth.
The CIVICUS Youth Action Team is a group of voting members of CIVICUS, led by the youth and acting for the youth to be meaningfully represented and engaged in all of the alliance’s structures, governance, strategies, and activities. But it goes beyond.
The Youth Action Team perceives civic space as the final frontier and wants to make sure the youth have the tools to fully engage here. As a place for co-creation and designing innovative projects, the YAT sets its own agenda and work plan to make sure they develop projects in the areas that are currently more critical for young activists, social innovators, and human rights defenders.
- Be 30 years or under by December 31, 2022;
- Are from Central America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, North, West or Southern Africa, or Central Asia (other regions are represented by existing YAT members)
- Be an active member of a civil society organization (registered or not registered) that is advancing positive change in your community;
- Be part of the leadership team of a social movement or network at the national or regional level;
- Have support from your organization to apply for this voluntary role;
- Are passionate and experienced in defending progressive social justice agendas at the local, regional and international levels by mobilizing people;
- Have experience designing and facilitating virtual networking events that boost community building and knowledge exchange;
- Are comfortable working in English and working with an international team based in different time zones;
- Have access to the internet for at least 10 hours a month to dedicate to the CIVICUS Youth Action Team;
- Can attend an annual in-person gathering of one week (if travel conditions allow it).
Click Here To Apply
Join our telegram group to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas