Deadline: January 16, 2022.
Prepare to start an effective charity with our two-month online program. It’s a full-time, cost-covered, intensive training designed by founders for founders. Our instructors will guide you through the most important decisions and help you with the best charity and co-founder match.
Explore the critical components of evidence-based charities. Learn prioritization, impact analysis, cost-effectiveness, gathering support, management, and fundraising in real-world partner projects. Gain clarity, build your confidence, and network.
Fact 1: 50% of our most successful founders from previous years didn’t even think they should apply. Don’t doubt your potential.
Fact 2: Nobody comes onto the program qualified to start a charity. That’s what the course is for!
Fact 3: The base traits that make a good charity entrepreneur include grit, intelligence, resourcefulness, a focus on outcomes, and commitment to making a real difference.
Fact 4: For most people, the highest-impact time to start a charity is right now.
We accept candidates of all ages from a wide range of backgrounds. Experience is helpful but not necessary. We train people with over a decade of expertise alongside those with little to no work experience or formal education.
- Get access to CE’s 400-page Handbook on starting a charity and over 100 video lectures prepared by experienced founders. Master the fundamental principles of managing high-impact organizations, including:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Fundraising and Operations
2. Work 8 hours a day developing relevant skills in real-world partner projects
- Is your charity cost-effective? Prepare a Cost-effectiveness Analysis (CEA)
- Where do you operate? Draft a Geographic Assessment Framework
- How do you begin implementation? Outline a One-year Plan
- What is your impact? Prepare a Monitoring & Evaluation Plan
- How much funding do you need? Draft a Budget
- How do you best fundraise? Prioritize potential funders
- How do you work with your co-founder? Come up with a Founders’ Agreement to facilitate your collaboration
- Receive extensive group and individual feedback, ready-made templates (e.g., sample budgets, one-year plans), and one-on-one discussions about your progress.
3. Learn from the best:
Hear from experts who have excelled in the nonprofit world as they share their perspectives on entrepreneurship, give advice, and provide valuable feedback.
4. Participate in a streamlined co-founder and charity idea selection process by:
- Providing weekly feedback on your project partners and preferred ideas
- Meeting with senior staff members for 1:1 mentoring
- Enjoying individual social calls with all potential co-founders
- Having constant access to a highly-qualified research team
- Joining a network of previous founders that are happy to share experience and advice
- Get final pairing advice from senior staff members to help you find the best fit.
5. Graduate from the program with:
- A co-founder
- A high-quality charity idea and plan for implementation
- A robust funding proposal
- A seed grant (not guaranteed for everyone, but on average, at least 50% of co-founder pairings receive funding).
- And the confidence, network, and commitment to launch.
If you learn that starting a charity right now isn’t for you, we will provide continued mentoring, career advice, and connections to work opportunities within our and the wider EA network. We are able to offer stipends to the few participants who do not immediately find a new opportunity.