Deadline: March 15, 2023
The Department of Modern Languages, in conjunction with the Center for Black European Studies and the Atlantic at Carnegie Mellon University, invites applications for a 2-year, non-renewable postdoctoral fellowship in Black Europeans Studies.
They encourage scholars with a deep interest in the study of culture and identities in one of the languages offered in the department: French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and Arabic. They seek a rising scholar whose work is grounded in a transdisciplinary understanding of race within the global Atlantic, and its intersection with environmental and health studies, women’s and gender studies, urban studies, technology, data, performance, religion, and citizenship.
Fellows are expected to push forward new research directions, assist in proposal writing for new research, give one lecture per year, and participate in the intellectual life of the center, the department, and the college.
- The successful candidate will benefit from a strong and growing support of interdisciplinary humanities research and teaching at Carnegie Mellon, including such initiatives as the Center for the Arts in Society, Humanities@CMU, the Center for Africanamerican Urban Studies and the Economy, and Askwith Kenner Global Languages and Cultures Room.
- Applicant should have completed PhD (2018 and after) or PhD completed by August 30, 2023 (with a confirmed timeline for defense).
- An applicant may be from any country around the world.
- They encourage applicants to have a deep interest in the study of culture and identities in one of the languages offered in the department: French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and Arabic.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59 pm (ET) on March 15, 2023.
Applicants should submit;
- A current CV;
- A cover letter addressing research, teaching, and evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and
- The names and contact information for three professional references.
Click Here To Apply
Join our telegram group to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas