Deadline: June 26, 2022
Applications are open for the ASEMHRS21 Training on Human Rights & Climate Change 2022. The ASEMHRS training is part of the Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights Series (ASEMHRS) which aims to promote greater cooperation and better understanding of human rights issues in Asia and Europe.
The training serves as a follow-up to the 21th Informal ASEM Seminar on “Human Rights & Climate Change”, which was held on 16-18 March, 2022 in Luxembourg. The objectives of the training are to increase participants’ knowledge of the interlinks between human rights and climate change policy and how human rights obligations can support action to tackle climate change at the national, regional and international level.
ASEF is seeking a training organisation to design and deliver learner-centred training on the above topic with a view to:
- Build capacity and technical knowledge in support of ASEM Partners efforts to mitigate climate change and promote rights-based climate action.
- Provide practical, participatory, and interactive learning about the methodologies and approaches to addressing human rights concerns associated with climate change.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and best practices to alleviate the impact of climate change on human rights.
The candidates are required to have the following qualifications:
- Experience in designing and delivering trainings on human rights, specifically on issues relating to climate change (e.g. international and regional frameworks, national level policymaking, legal reform, capacity-building, technical support, training and literacy);
- Experience in conducting trainings for government officials, inter governmental organisations and/or NGOs;
- Qualifications in human rights, international environmental law, environmental science, or other related fields.
The Training Organisation is expected to:
- Design the training programme, curriculum and materials suitable for the proposed target group and for a virtual environment
- Coordinate and deliver a training for approx. 25 hours spread over a period of 1 to 2 months
- Prepare and conduct pre- and post-event survey
- Provide an online platform for the learning courses (i.e. learning management system) and a conference application (e.g. Zoom, Cisco, Webex)
Queries, CVs, cover letters, and proposals (including budget) should be emailed to Ms Armi Hannele AARNI via email@example.com and Mr Simon PIOLDI via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please CC email@example.com.
Expressions of interest must be received by 23h59 (Singapore time) on Sunday, 26 June 2022. Use the enclosed proposal template.