Deadline: September 12, 2022
At the heart of The Roddenberry Prize is a belief in the potential for scientific and technological innovation to help us lead better, healthier, and more productive lives while helping the planet and our environment flourish.
The Roddenberry Prize is an invitation to challenge the status quo, catalyze new ways of thinking, and imagine a better future. It is an opportunity to envision a world that is more equitable and prosperous in which all of us regardless of our background can thrive.
A grand prize of $1M in non-dilutive financing, along with five $100,000 finalist awards, will be granted to early-stage ventures that have the potential to change the world.
- Applicants can be based anywhere in the world, as permitted by US law.
The Roddenberry Prize seeks to support early-stage ventures, nonprofit and mission-driven for-profit entities that meet the following broad criteria:
- Early Stage: We seek early-stage ventures that have successfully raised Seed Rounds through Series A financing.
- World Changing: We’re looking for solutions that have the potential to achieve one or more of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Innovative: Innovation comes in many forms, but we’re interested in innovation with the potential for real-life impact.
- Scalable: We’re looking for an audacious, far-reaching, and scalable vision to solve a global challenge.
- Ethical: We support purpose-driven, human-centered, and responsible innovation that reduces inequity.
To apply to the Roddenberry Prize you must be nominated by a foundation, impact investor, VC, accelerator, academic institution, or other similar types of the funder.