Deadline: January 31, 2023
The Climate Change AI summer school is designed to educate and prepare participants with a background in artificial intelligence (AI) and/or a background in a climate change-related field to tackle major climate problems using Artificial Intelligence.
The summer school aims to bring together a multidisciplinary group of participants and facilitate project-based teamwork to strengthen collaborations between different fields and foster networking in this space.
This year the summer school consists of two independent components: an open-to-all virtual programme and a selective in-person programme.
In-Person Programme: The goal of the in-person program is to foster connections between participants to do impactful work at the intersection of artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) and climate change both now and in the future. The in-person program will give participants the opportunity to work on collaborative projects together in multi-disciplinary teams. The program will also have social activities to help build connections between participants.
- The in-person programme will take place for one week from August 14, 2023, to August 18, 2023, at Mila-Quebec AI Institute in Montreal, Canada. The schedule of the programme is TBD but will be held between 9am and 5pm ET each day.
Virtual Programme: The virtual program will provide an overview of how artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) can be used to address climate change. Through lectures and tutorials, participants will learn how AI/ML is employed across different climate-relevant fields/sectors, discuss important considerations for framing/scoping problems, and gain hands-on practice applying AI/ML to climate-relevant problems.
- The virtual programme will be held sometime between June and August – the exact dates and times will be announced before the end of May 2023.
- Accepted applicants for the in-person programme will have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance to cover some of the costs to attend the summer school (like lodging, food, and travel). Accepted participants need to confirm their attendance, they will be told which costs will be covered for everyone and they will also know if they have been awarded financial aid.
- Open to students, researchers, engineers, practitioners, and others in the public and private sectors who are interested in using AI/ML to address problems in climate change mitigation, adaptation, or climate science.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Register for the Virtual Programme here.
- To apply for the In-Person Programme, you can click on the apply link below.
Click Here To Apply
Join our telegram group to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas