Deadline: January 5, 2022
Bristol Myers Squibb is a leading global biopharma company focused on discovering, developing, and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. We are focused on our core therapeutic areas and are pursuing multiple drug platforms across these areas with the goal of transforming patients’ lives through science.
Our team is committed to promoting health equity and continuously seeking to improve the health outcomes of populations disproportionately affected by serious diseases by strengthening healthcare worker capacity, integrating medical care and community-based supportive services, and mobilizing communities in the fight against the disease. Our aim is to provide universal access to our medicines, particularly for low- and middle-income countries.
As part of our commitment to continuing our strong leadership and legacy in pioneering life-saving medicines for people around the world, Bristol Myers Squibb will support 5 young leaders who are improving the health outcomes of communities disproportionately affected by serious diseases and health problems, to attend the One Young World Summit through the Bristol Myers Squibb Scholarship.
The scholarship aims to identify and empower young leaders who are improving medical outcomes for vulnerable communities and transforming lives through science. Bristol Myers Squibb scholars are social entrepreneurs, activists, health professionals and more, who are paving the way for a world with a more inclusive and innovative healthcare sector and a shared mindset to serve patients.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan which takes place from 16-19 May.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 – 19 May 2022.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Aged 18 – 30*.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Applicants must demonstrate a positive impact in providing access to healthcare and supporting vulnerable communities.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.