Deadline: April 16, 2022
The ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship program is a partnership between Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Secretariat. It is one of the ASEAN-level initiatives undertaken by Maybank Foundation, a newly accredited ASEAN entity, with the aim to “promote an innovative ASEAN approach to higher education”, which is one of the strategic measures listed in the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025.
The scholarship program is designed to provide young, talented and deserving ASEAN nationals with full scholarships to pursue their undergraduate program at a prestigious university outside their own countries, but within the ASEAN region, and in the process promote intra-ASEAN integration.
To be eligible for the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship, applicants must meet all the below requirements:
- A citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states
- Possess excellent academic qualifications and is active in extracurricular activities
- Graduated with a pre-university study with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent
- Field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the program
- Received admission letter or letter of offer from a university within the ASEAN University Network membership
WHAT DOES THE ASEAN-MAYBANK SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME OFFER?
Potential scholars will undergo a rigorous selection process. Maybank Foundation & ASEAN Foundation will jointly screen shortlisted candidates and make the final selection for approval.
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Fully paid tuition fees.
- Allowance for monthly stipend + accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy class air passage.
- Subsidized medical benefits (out-patient) and accident insurance coverage and other incidental expenses.