Deadline: May 2, 2022
Application is open for the Artists and funding supports. This funding supports Alberta schools by subsidizing fees of professional Alberta artists of any artistic discipline that provide interactive arts residency projects for grades K-12.
- Alberta school or school jurisdiction recognized by Alberta Education
- Operating on a full-time basis
- For students in kindergarten through Grade 12
Two or more eligible schools may apply to collaborate on a project when school populations, locations or conditions warrant.
The maximum grant will not exceed $15,000.
- schools located in the following jurisdictions can apply for up to 50% of the artist’s fee (excluding GST)
- St. Albert
- Sherwood Park
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Spruce Grove
- Stony Plain
- all other jurisdictions can apply for up to 75% of the artist’s fee (excluding GST)
Artist’s fee may include travel, accommodation, meal expenses and non-reusable materials required for the proposed activity (e.g. paint, paper, clay, wood, data storage).
- applicants may submit only one application to the AFA at each deadline
- previous grant recipients must have met reporting requirements in order to be eligible to receive subsequent funding
- we do not accept incomplete applications
- applications must be received prior to the commencement of the project
- projects involving more than one school must be submitted by the primary applicant school; separate school applications for the same project will not be accepted
First-time applicants will require a GATE username and password. Contact us via email at least five business days prior to the application deadline.
- the contact name of the individual responsible for preparing your application.
- the legal name of your organization.
- the contact person’s email address.
The GATE username and password will be sent to the email address provided.