Deadline: January 18, 2023
The Youth STEM Matters is led by an incredible team of young volunteers from around the world. They’re creating a platform for youth globally to share their research, ideas, and innovations to tackle the world’s biggest challenges.
As part of the Youth STEM Team, you will be involved in the following activities:
- Team-Wide Projects
Everyone plays a part in team-wide projects, which focus on building Youth STEM Matters as an impactful and inclusive platform for youth globally. From organizing an event to making our articles more accessible, to conducting interviews with prospective team members, there are loads you’ll get involved in.
- Specialism-Specific Tasks
As a Team Member, you’ll generally have at least one specialism, which lets you use your unique skill set to support our authors and give young people a platform to share their research, ideas, and innovations. There’s a whole range of different specialisms within our team, so there’s something for everyone!
- Journal Development Days
4 times a year, we bring our whole team together (virtually!) to reconnect our global community, talk all things journal development, and host skills & personal development workshops exclusively for our volunteers.
- Skills Development Workshops
Attend our regular expert-led workshops on skills and personal development, enabling you to grow, not only in your role on the team but as a young scientist, innovator, and STEM changemaker.
- Write Articles for Youth STEM Matters
Have a platform to share your voice on the issues that matter to youth and shine a spotlight on the STEM solutions to the world’s biggest challenges.
- Attend Youth STEM Matters Events
Get a guaranteed space at our Research Conferences (and the Youth STEM Summit) to learn from STEM professionals and young researchers & innovators.
- Join a global community of youth researchers, innovators, and changemakers.
- Develop new skills, including teamwork, communication, critical evaluation, scientific writing, leadership, and project management.
- Use Youth STEM Matters to gain volunteering hours.
- Additional opportunities to get involved in, like speaking at events, sharing your voice on our (& our partners’) platforms, or interviewing awesome people making change through STEM.
- It looks great on your CV/resume or university & college applications.
- Most of all – make a real difference by being part of creating an impactful and inclusive platform for youth globally to share their research, ideas, and innovations with the world.
This could be the perfect opportunity for you if you are:
- Passionate about our mission of empowering youth to use STEM to tackle global challenges.
- Enthusiastic to learn (but past experience not required) – you don’t need previous experience to join our team, but you do need to be ready to explore new topics & develop your skills through our training & skills development programmes.
- Based anywhere globally – our team works together 100% remotely.
- Aged 14-22 (or thereabouts) – this isn’t a strict age limit, just a guide for who we’ve designed this opportunity for.
- Committed to being an active member of our team, and enthusiastic about getting involved in all aspects of the Youth STEM Matters Team.
Once you’ve found a role that matches your interests, skills, and the amount of time you want to commit, it’s time to submit your application!
- Applications are submitted via a Google Form. In the application, you will be asked to provide some information about; yourself, the role(s) you are interested in, what stage of your education/training you’re currently at, and the details of at least one person (up to 2 people) who can provide a reference.
- You will also be asked to answer 3 questions, which will be used to determine whether your application reaches the next stage of selection.
- These 3 questions can all be completed in a range of formats. You can type straight into the application form, record your answers by video/voice note, create a poster or write a song/poem (or something else!) to answer the questions. If you need to send an attachment, you can either upload this to Google Drive (or a file sharing service) and send the link, or email your responses to email@example.com. All parts of your application must be sent before the advertised deadline.
Click Here To Apply
Join our telegram group to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas