Deadline: August 31, 2022
Early-career professional journalists from developing countries with proficiency in English can apply for a six-month fellowship. Alfred Friendly provides fellows with basic and advanced hands-on instruction at the Missouri School of Journalism and places them in leading U.S. newsrooms. The successful candidate will be 25-35 years old and have at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online or broadcast media outlet. Participants work as staff reporters in their host newsrooms are required to develop training plans that they implement when they return to their home newsrooms.
- To provide the fellow with experience in reporting, writing, editing, producing and editorial decision-making that will
enhance future professional performance;
- To expose the fellow to the technological changes that are occurring in the industry;
- To enable the fellow to gain a practical understanding of the function and significance of the free press in American
- To transfer knowledge gained on the program to colleagues at home;
- To foster continuing ties between free press institutions and journalists in the United States and their counterparts in