Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
AFRICA CUP COMPETITION BACKGROUND
The centre stage of the SA Innovation Summit: a competition providing start-ups and early-stage companies in all tech-enabled sectors from around the world to compete for investment, showcase their products and services, gain market and media exposure, and secure support in the stages of scaling and growth.
The Africa Cup aims to promote and develop the entrepreneurial creativity of start-ups who are disrupting the traditional ways of doing business. This is an opportunity for all early start-ups with high growth potential, scalability, and expansion plans, to showcase their technologies while obtaining access to funding, new markets, and PR exposure.
AFRICA CUP SELECTION CRITERIA
A panel of expert judges will evaluate the Africa Cup entries and select 50 entries from the initial pool. This Top 50 will submit video pitches to be further reviewed and the Top 10 finalists to compete in the final live virtual pitch round. During the preliminary evaluation process, the pitches will be reviewed based on the information provided in the online entry f according to the following criteria:
- Early-stage, post-revenue with at least 1 year in operation
- Sound revenue and profit models
- Market attractiveness and ability to provide a solution to the identified need
- Strategic competitive positioning
- Strong management team with more than 1 founder
- Looking for growth funding
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Below are the General Terms & Conditions for the 2021 AFRICA CUP:
- The SAIS reserves the right by its sole discretion not to accept entries should they have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants. Additional documentation may be requested during the review process as proof of information provided in the application.
- All entries are to be made through the online form. Entries received via email or other channels will not be accepted.
- Only fully completed entry forms will be reviewed. Any entries with missing information will be automatically disqualified.
- Any entries that do not meet the criteria for the competition entered will be automatically disqualified. Entrants to ensure their business meets the competition requirements before completing the form.
- Entrants to ensure concepts are protected – competitions are non-confidential. Concepts will be viewed by the public and therefore important to not divulge the know-how e.g. formula, code etc.
- By entering the competition, you give the SAIS permission to use images, footage and other visuals collected during the live pitch on social media, website and other relevant platforms.
- If an investment offer is made, due diligence will be undertaken and the potential investors have the right to request documentation. Should the information provided in the entry form be a misrepresentation of the business, the investors can withdraw their offer.