Deadline: January 31, 2022
The 2022 Rice Business Plan Competition—the world’s largest and richest student startup competition—will be hosted in Houston at the Jones Graduate School of Business.
You are initially eligible if your Startup:
- is student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- has at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- are from a college or university anywhere in the world
- has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2021
- has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2021
- is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
- is a potentially viable investment opportunity
- Immersive Experience
- In total, $1.6 Million in investment, cash and in-kind prizes was awarded to the teams at the 2021 Virtual Rice Business Plan Competition. The competition is designed to give collegiate entrepreneurs a real-world experience to fine-tune their business plans and elevator pitches to generate funding to successfully commercialize their product.