Application Deadline: 15th April, 2021
Young entrepreneurs across Africa are finding ways to create sustainable solutions to some of the biggest problems faced by their communities.
If you are one of them, trying to grow a small business that provides you and your friends an income, then we want your application.
Become a role model like Kolawole Olajide from South Africa, and inspire other young entrepreneurs to believe in the difference they can make. Africa’s future lies in your hands and we want to celebrate your potential to grow your country’s economy and create jobs.
The Anzisha Prize is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 – 22 years, and hands out over USD $100,000 every year in prize money to entrepreneurs from all over the continent.
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before November 1, 1998 or after October 31, 2004, will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/beneficiaries.
- The Anzisha Prize isn’t awarded for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! Get started now and ensure you have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together).
To be selected as one of our Anzisha ventures, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Is your venture established with customers and beneficiaries and are you offering value to them?
- Are you, the founder, leading and managing your venture?
- Is your venture demonstrating some impact already?
- Whether your venture is a for-profit business or cause-based, does it already earn revenues or already reach beneficiaries? Is there potential to increase revenues or beneficiary reach with support from Anzisha?
- Has your venture created some jobs and is there potential to create more high quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate two important qualities:
- You are the leader of your venture and you drive both venture strategy and operations.
- You spend at least 20 hours a week (or more) on your business and plan to continue to do so after selection.
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $100,000
- $2,000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 worth of support from consulting and mentorship services
- $2,000 worth of fees for Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1,000 worth of access to Regional Indabas across the continent.
To Download the Application Guideline in English Click Here
To Download the Application Guideline in Arabic, Click Here
To Download the Application Guideline in French, Click Here
To Download the Application Guideline in Portuguese, Click Here