Deadline: April 30, 2022
Application is open for the 100+ Accelerator’s Water Stewardship Challenge. Help them create and implement sustainable and energy-efficient practices to build a more water-secure world. The UN describes water scarcity as one of the “main problems to be faced by many societies and the world in the 21st century.” Advancing global water pressure and insecurity results from climate change, population growth, and increasing industrial growth and farming levels. In addition, water insecurity is aggravated by unsustainable water management practices, waste, and pollution. There is an opportunity for companies to play a big part and to help create and implement solutions that use as little water as possible across their operations and help improve water quality for businesses and communities. A couple of examples include partnering with others to protect high-risk watersheds, implementing technologies to improve operational water efficiency, promoting water security across their supply chains, and investing in technologies that can provide access to clean water for at-risk communities.
They are looking for innovative solutions for societal equity, workplace inclusion, economic prosperity, and long-term environmental health. They seek startups worldwide to answer the challenges and are eager to identify technologies and best practices that can be shared across our businesses and beyond.
They invest in companies from Seed to Series B stage. The 100+ Accelerator delivers 6 months of remote programming and training to accelerate the collaboration and growth of cohort companies and a pilot/alliance with our partner companies. You will receive support from a global team champion, access to mentor networks, and up to $100K toward pilot execution.
- Measuring and monitoring water quality or the availability in watersheds (or water sources) to report progress and understand the impact
- Techniques to assess water risk and predictive analytics for specific geographical locations
- Techniques to assess water status by integrating water source availability by region (aquifer data, rivers flows) and availability of water for production
- Reliable, low-cost, easy-to-use technologies for measuring water at all points of consumption in our production facilities (ideally with data transfer capabilities)
- Data collection of water consumption across supply and value chains. Ability to measure all water consumption by the process in real-time (portable flow meters or indications).
- Data collection and measurement of water action programs to determine efficacy for wells and aquifers
- Real-time monitoring of static and dynamic levels of water wells with automated reporting of changes and prediction of the water availability vs. production plans
- Technologies for easy calibration of flowmeters without dismantling installations or creating stops in production.